Create, Inspire, and Enjoy.

Navi Bar

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Swatch and Haul: Little Sparrow Cosmetics

Hello Loves!

I am so excited to show you my latest indie makeup purchase! This time, I ordered from Little Sparrow Cosmetics, which is a cosmetic shop on Etsy that is owned and operated by Jessica Randolph. She makes a variety of products such as blushes, a "lip jelly," eyeshadows, and much more.

A little on the shipping, customer service, and all that jazz before the goodies.

SHIPPING:
I got my items during a sale, so everything was 15% off, but what surprised me was the shipping fee. The first item I got had a $2 shipping fee and an additional dollar with every item after that. So, if any of you, like me, do not enjoy paying larger shipping fees, just a heads up. Since I did order during a sale, it is to be expected to wait a little more time before getting the products. Her TAT mentioned on her Facebook page was 1-2 weeks. I got my items shipped out within a week and a half after the order date and received it shortly from USPS. Everything was packaged in a bubble mailer and was then enclosed in cute little bags. The products have shrink wrap with perforations as a safety seal. Only one product had damage, which was small crack on the lid.

The bags products were wrapped in

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
I also want to commend Jessica on her customer service. She was very prompt whenever I did email her. I would definitely say I was excited to receive her items and emailed her towards the end of week on the status of the package. She let me know when it was expected to ship and a day or two afterwards, she sent it out and emailed me when it did. Another thing, which you will soon see, is she is VERY generous with samples. I was astonished with the size. She sent me a mini blush and FULL-SIZED lip jelly. I don't know if this is standard but I am very happy with the generous samples. I don't know what samples you will receive when ordering but this is what I got.

Time for the goodies :)

Before removing safety seals
The samples are Carnation and Oh My Papaya.


Closeups, swatches, and first impressions after the jump!



PACKAGING:
The packaging on the blush is a 20 gram jar with sifter with a screw top and has 2-2.5 grams of product for the mini size. The lip jelly is in similar packaging reminiscent of a lip balm and is full size. I love the packaging on the blush as I can close the sifter to prevent more product from coming. I don't like the packaging on the lip jelly as it is quite difficult to easily apply the product straight out of the tube and a lip brush is required for a precise application.

CLOSE-UPS:

Lilac
Site Description:
Lilac appears to be warmer than Lavender while it's in the jar, but most people find that Lilac is far more suitable to cool skin tones. It buffs out into a purple with blue undertones. It's a matte shade.
My Take:
A red-toned, medium pinky purple. No noticeable shimmer.

Bluebell
 Site Description:
Bluebell is a periwinkle blue with a slight shimmer.
My Take:
A violet leaning light-medium blue. Very, very slight amount of red-purple shimmer.

Nightshade
 Site Description:
Nightshade is a dusty, cool purple. It's a near-matte finish.
My Take:
A dusty medium purple. No noticeable shimmer.

Foxglove
 Site Description:
Foxglove is a deep, cool berry purple. It has a very muted shimmer (as you can see in the above picture, my camera caught the shimmer oddly).
My Take:
A deep, toned down magenta with a touch of purple. No noticeable shimmer.

Wolfsbane
 Site Description:
Wolfsbane is a bright blue blush with red-purple undertones when blended out. It has a slight shimmery finish
My Take:
A bright blue with a slight red-violet shimmer.

Lavender
 Site Description:
Lavender buffs into a very warm purple. It looks cooler than Lilac in the jar, but most people find this is more suitable to warm tones. It has a slight shimmery finish
My Take:
A dusty lavender. No noticeable shimmer.

Carnation (free sample)
 Site Description:
Carnation is a bright pink blush with a hint of shimmer.
My Take:
A bright, warm pink. No noticeable shimmer.

Oh My Papaya (free sample)
 Site Description:
Oh My Papaya is a bright coral color.
My Take:
A bright coral.

SWATCHES:
I am including arm and face swatches. For reference, my skin is NC15.

Left to Right: Carnation, Lavender, Wolfsbane, Foxglove, Nightshade, Bluebell, Lilac, Oh My Papaya

Left to Right: Nightshade, Bluebell, Lilac, Oh My Papaya

Left to Right: Carnation, Lavender, Wolfsbane, Foxglove
Face swatches are on bare skin.

Lilac

Bluebell

Nightshade

Foxglove

Wolfsbane

Lavender

Oh My Papaya

Carnation

I also wanted to show how patchy it applied on the one side.
I don't know why it did this but it did.
FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
Most of the blushes apply beautifully. The only one I had trouble with is Carnation. Since I am pale, I have to have a lighter hand with the darker blushes. Some of the blushes do apply differently compared to what you see in the jar. Those blushes are: Carnation, Lilac, and Lavender.

The lip jelly is a pain to apply from the packaging but once applied, it was amazing. It was moisturizing and pigmented. It does have a bit of slip to it so the wear time on it may not be long. I also love the color.

Some questions you may be wondering...

When the hell will I ever use the unusual colored blushes?
You can mix/layer them with different blushes you already have to alter the color. I personally will be using them for avant-garde looks or more creative looks.

Would you buy from them again?
YES! I want to try more of her products because what I got so far is amazing. I wish the shipping was cheaper and because of this, I will wait until sales to purchase again. Trying to be a savvy shopper :)

If you are interested in any products you see here, the link is at the very beginning. No referral link, no nothing. I purchased all of these products with my hard earned money.

Until next time, have a beautiful day!
-Elle




No comments:

Post a Comment