Create, Inspire, and Enjoy.

Navi Bar

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Tutorial: How to Use Color - Neutral and Mint Cut Crease


Hello Loves!

This is the second tutorial that I have done for my IMAM (Indiemakeupandmore) exchange partner and this tutorial is to help introduce her to color! One of the best ways to use color is to pair it with a neutral. The looks are a bit more toned down whenever you use a neutral with a color. I know this look may be a tad dramatic (I am ALL about the drama) but the beauty of makeup is that you can modify it to your liking. The world is your pickle (Laura Vitale got that stuck in my head...)! I would recommend adding black winged liner to this to complete it a bit more. I was trying to get something done before I lost sunlight to take photos, which still happened. That is the worst thing about winter, the fact that you wake up when it is still dark and it is dark soooooo early. Also, the cold. The winters are harsh were I live. Anyways...

Here is the final look!

Tutorial after the jump!


Map out your cut crease. I map mine so that it is visible when my eye is open.
PRODUCT USED: Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia Palette: Dark Brown
Pack some more of that dark brown on a small pencil brush and make the line a bit thicker.
PRODUCT USED: Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia Palette: Dark Brown
Blend that out with a bigger pencil brush.
Add a slightly lighter and warmer brown on the edge of the darker brown.
PRODUCT USED: Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia Palette: Sienna
Blend that out. We like blending here.
Add a lighter brown to the outside of that previous brown,
PRODUCT USED: Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia Palette: Caramel
Blend it. Blend it gooooooood.
Add a highlight shade.
PRODUCT USED: Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia Palette: Vanilla
Optional: You can add and clean up with a base. I would recommend NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil.
Pat a mint color to the outer 2/3 of the lid.
PRODUCT USED: Detrivore Bog Body
Apply Shiro Glowstick of Destiny (light blue/gold duochrome) to the inner 1/3 wet
Blend where they meet.
Add the dark brown close to the lash line and bring it 1/3 to 1/2 the way in.
PRODUCT USED: Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia Palette: Dark Brown
Bring that medium warm brown 3/4 the way in.
PRODUCT USED: Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia Palette: Sienna
Blend the edges with the slightly lighter brown.
PRODUCT USED: Anastasia Beverly Hills Maya Mia Palette: Caramel
Add mascara and done! you can also add black winged liner and a pair of lashes :)
I hope you guys enjoyed the tutorial (especially my exchange partner). If you recreate it, #pittpantherelle me on Instagram. I am most active there.

Until next time,
Have a beautiful day!
-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment