Create, Inspire, and Enjoy.

Navi Bar

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tutorial: Seattle Seahawks Inspired Look for Superbowl XLIX

Hello Loves!

About a year ago, I created looks for each team, the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos, participating in Superbowl XLVIII. This year, I am doing the same thing but I am also doing tutorials for each look as well! The Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots are participating in this years Superbowl so a look and tutorial will be up for those teams.

This is the second year in a row that the Seahawks have been to the Superbowl so I had to do something a little different from what I did in the previous year. Seahawks, do me a favor and don't be in the Superbowl next year; it'll make my job a bit easier. I was wishing that this year I would be doing a Steelers look instead of the Patriots or Seahawks, because I am a huge Steelers fan and want them to be in the Superbowl. The AFC Wild Card game against the Ravens was sooooooo disappointing but in the end, the Ravens kicked our ass. There is always next year Steelers, I have faith in you!

This tutorial will be the one for the Seattle Seahawks look and it is reminiscent of a halo smokey eye. I attempted to use a bunch of indie eyeshadows that I often don't reach and I am so happy with how this came out!
Also, if any photos come out blurry, forgive me. I am still trying to figure out my new camera, and apparently, my camera LOVES to auto focus on the brush in the pictures. Welp, now I know.

If you are a Patriots fan and want to see and recreate that look, you can click this sentence to get there.

Here is the final look:


Pictorial after the jump!

Add a primer and white base. 
PRODUCT USED: NARS Eyeshadow Base and Nyx Milk
BRUSH USED: My fingers

Optional: Add a transition shade. It will stick to the base a bit but it won't matter later on.
PRODUCT USED: Inglot 390 e/s
BRUSH USED: Sigma E40

Pat a dark yet vibrant navy blue to the inner and outer 1/3 of the lid
PRODUCT USED: Glamour Doll Eyes Ahoy Sailor!
BRUSH USED: MAC 239

Connect the two sides with the same eyeshadow.
When blending, the eyeshadow may stick to the base. Don't worry, keep adding a tad more and it will eventually blend effortlessly.
PRODUCT USED: Glamour Doll Eyes Ahoy Sailor!
BRUSH USED: MAC 222 (can use Sigma E35)


Add a bright, almost neon green to the space we left empty on the lid.
Blend the edges out.
PRODUCT USED: Shiro Cosmetics The Fourth Be With You
BRUSH USED: MAC 239

Blend the edges of the navy blue with a bright blue.
This will give a little life to the navy eyeshadow.
PRODUCT USED: Sugarpill Velocity
BRUSH USED: Real Techniques Base Shadow

Add a stark white to the inner corner.
PRODUCT USED: Sugarpill Tako
BRUSH USED: Real Techniques Base Shadow

Add the navy to the inner and outer 1/3 of the lower lashline.
PRODUCT USED: Glamour Doll Eyes Ahoy Sailor!
BRUSH USED: MAC 214

Add that neon green to the center 1/3 of the lower lashline.
PRODUCT USED: Shiro Cosmetics The Fourth Be With You
BRUSH USED: MAC 239

Add a white pencil to the water line.
If you have a darker complexion, I recommend using a skintone pencil instead.
PRODUCT USED: Nyx Milk

Add mascara and lashes and done!
The false lashes I used are Koko Lashes in Misha.
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and rock it for the Superbowl! If you recreate this and post it on Instagram, make sure to use my hashtag #pittpantherelle so that I am able to see it! I love seeing and hearing people recreating my looks! :)

Until next time,
Have a beautiful day!
-Elle


No comments:

Post a Comment