Create, Inspire, and Enjoy.

Navi Bar

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Review: KoKo Lashes in Risque

Hello Loves!

Another lash review. I have been really enjoying going through my lash purchase from... almost two months ago and gradually reviewing it for you. I have been loving wearing the lashes and really using what I have purchased. On the note of using what you purchased, have you ever bought something and then just forgot about it? I have a really bad tendency to do that with nail polishes. I will use them once and forget about it for a while. Ok Elle, don't go off on a random tangent.

Before the lash review, I recently purchased lash glue from House of Lashes and have plans on reviewing it. If I am wearing all these lashes, why not test lash glue? So look out for that sometime in the future.

ONTO THE LASHES!

PACKAGING
Same as the Foxy, Ariel, and Koko style. Simple and beautiful packaging. The thing that bothers me, which also occurred with the previous pairs I reviewed, is that the name of the lashes are on the plastic insert and not on the outside of the box.



 APPLICATION
These lashes were very easy to apply. These lashes have a thin band, which is a nice change from the other styles I have reviewed. I waited around 45 seconds before I applied the lashes and were easy to move around before I was satisfied with the placement. Also, this is the only pair of lashes I did not have to cut as they were the perfect size for my eye shape, but whether you have to cut them or not depends on your eye size and shape.


Before

After


But, the real test is...
LONGEVITY/WEAR
These lashes were comfortable during wear time and I wore them for about 8 hours. None of the sides lifted during wear and the lashes came off easily with oil-free makeup remover. None of the hairs were bent or altered in any way after my first use and they withstood my manhandling of the lash. Here is how they looked after I removed the glue and put them back into their container the next day:

Right Lash
Right Lash
Right Lash
Left Lash
Left Lash
Left Lash

QUALITY / PRICING / RANDOM:
The quality of the lash fibers were good and between the quality of the Ariel style and the Foxy/Koko style. They were not as soft as mink lashes but were great quality human hair lashes. The hairs are of slightly better quality to Ardell lash hairs, and I think for the price, these lashes are great quality. I got these for $4.79 on sale but they are $6.99 retail price. Another thing I have to note is that this particular style can have some variation to the what each individual pair looks like. In the packaging picture and the wear picture, these are actually two different pair of lashes and I can tell that they are lightly different. Between the two, one has a slightly thicker bunch of lashes compared to the other pairs lash bunches aren't as thick. 



FINAL VERDICT

These lashes get a...

9/10

Pros:
Wear very well
Nice price
Sleek, non-bulky packaging
Thin lash band

Cons:
Name of the lash is on the plastic insert and not the box
Some variation between different pairs

WOULD YOU IT BUY AGAIN?
Probably but it wouldn't be my first choice of lashes to restock. Lashes in similar style to these aren't really my cup of tea.

For those wondering, these lashes are similar to House of Lashes Siren but slightly thicker and not as wispy. They are a great cheaper alternative if you don't want to spend the money on House of Lashes.

Other KoKo lash styles reviewed on my blog:

Until next time,
Have a beautiful day!
-Elle



No comments:

Post a Comment