Create, Inspire, and Enjoy.

Navi Bar

Monday, March 10, 2014

IMATS LA 2014 Haul and Swatches

Hello my loves,
This marks my first real blog post! Yeah, so exciting!

Today, I provide you with my haul from IMATS in Los Angeles that I attended earlier this year (in 2014). It was an amazing experience to go to California because I have always wanted to see what all of the haba-balu was all about. It lived up to all the hype, and I loved that it was warm there. I know this is a small thing to appreciate but I live somewhere where its cold and has lots of snow. I think before we left for the trip, we actually experienced sub-zero temperatures, and it was -8 Fahrenheit if I recall correctly. It was ironic how a day after our arrival back home, we experienced similar temperatures. Love you too, Mother Nature.

I just want to talk a little bit about the experience before we get onto the goodies. The year before, I went to IMATS NYC and I loved, loved, loved every minute. Coming to this IMATS, I knew what to expect. While I still had an amazing time, I didn't enjoy as much as the first time I went. I definitely think it is not only because it was second time doing this but also the crowds. Fact: I am not a huge fan of crowds. I am glad that I got there one hour early to get to everything early and hit up every stand I wished to visit. However, the line to the venue was absolutely INSANE one hour before the show opened, and I believe it wrapped around the block. I am so glad I had some coffee while waiting. Gotta love me some coffee.

Alright, what you have been waiting for, THE HAUL.

The goodies!
Read on for swatches, prices, and how I budget for this spectacular event!


I want to also include the prices of the products I purchased. Yes, I spent a lot and I am not trying to brag by any means. I think it is important to include this because it can help you budget and prepare you for your IMATS experience or any shopping experience. My intended budget was ~$400 as an FYI.
Items I purchased:
Makeup Geek (MUG):
Eyeshadow ($5 a piece): Corrupt, Cocoa Bear, Poison Ivy, Dirty Martini, Sensous, Bitten, Hipster, Mango Tango
Gel Liner ($7): Poison
Pigments ($6 a piece): Liquid Gold, Utopia
Sugarpill:
($85) Sugarpill Pro Palette (includes Mochi, 2am, Velocity, Acidberry, Poison Plum, Love+, Buttercupcake, Flamepoint, Tako, Midori, Afterparty, Dollipop)
Pigment ($12): Goldilux
Makeup Forever (MUFE):
Eyeshadow ($13.50 a piece): 92, 84
Eye Kandy:
Glitter ($5 a piece): Candy Coin, Chocolate Chip, Black Tart
Stila:
Eyeliner ($15 a piece): Mint Julep, Turquoise
Brushes & Accessories:
Sigma Travel E25 (free)
Hakuhodo J146 ($17)
Hakuhodo J5523 ($18)
Bdellium 763 ($6?)
Makeup Geek Face Buffer, Pencil, and Eye Blender (Free, I will get to this later)
Leopard Pro Z-Palette ($19)
Lashes:
(12 for $20) Red Cherry WSP(x3), DW(x2), 43(x2), 747L, 747M, 46, 415, 523
Not Pictured
Parian Spirit:
(kit was $25) Brush Cleaner (16 oz, 2 oz spray), Cleaning Jar, 2 Cleaning Wipes
Not Swatched [sorry for not swatching, it was part of a gift]:
($3.75) NYX Taupe Blush
($11?) Bdellium Large Angled Contour 

Included my MAC store purchase. Prices are on their website.
Eyeshadow: Patina
Eye Kohl: Powersurge

Left to Right:
MUFE 94, MUFE 84, MUG Mango Tango, MUG Dirty Martini, MUG Poison Ivy, MAC Patina, MUG Sensuous, MUG Hipster, MUG Bitten, MUG Cocoa Bear, MUG Corrupt

Left to Right:
MAC Patina, MUG Sensuous, MUG Hipster, MUG Bitten, MUG Cocoa Bear, MUG Corrupt

Left to Right:
MUFE 94, MUFE 84, MUG Mango Tango, MUG Dirty Martini, MUG Poison Ivy

Left to Right:
MUG Poison Gel Liner, MAC Powersurge, Stila mint Julep, Stila Turquoise, Sugarpill Tako, Sugarpill Midori, Sugarpill Poison Plum, Sugarpill Love+, Sugarpill Mochi, Sugarpill 2am, MUG Utopia (wet), MUG Utopia (dry), Sugarpill Goldilux (dry), MUG Liquid Gold (dry)
Left to Right:
Sugarpill Poison Plum, Sugarpill Love+, Sugarpill Mochi, Sugarpill 2am, MUG Utopia (wet), MUG Utopia (dry), Sugarpill Goldilux (dry), MUG Liquid Gold (dry)
Left to Right:
MUG Poison Gel Liner, MAC Powersurge, Stila Mint Julep, Stila Turquoise, Sugarpill Tako, Sugarpill Midori, Sugarpill Poison Plum 
Left to Right:
 Sugarpill Afterparty, Sugarpill Dollipop, Sugarpill Buttercupcake, Sugarpill Flamepoint, Sugarpill Velocity, Sugarpill Acidberry
Ok, so I said earlier that I got some Makeup Geek brushes for free? Well, I need to commend MUG customer service. While out for lunch, I noticed I was missing two eyeshadows and I went back into the show to ask about this and what to do about it. The staff member who assisted me earlier (his name is Nick) asked which shades I was missing, gave me my missing shadows, and also included brushes to make up for the inconvenience. This was an extremely nice gesture of the MUG staff and was not at all necessary, but they still did it. Hey, the Makeup Geek stall was insane so I don't blame them for losing track of anything. Thank you Makeup Geek for being unbelievably cool about customer service.

This concludes my IMATS post. I have tested the products for a bit now so I plan on doing a review at some point. Let me know if there is anything you are curious about in this post and I shall make it a priority!
Until next time, have a beautiful day! :)
-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment