Create, Inspire, and Enjoy.

Navi Bar

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review: Makeup Forever HD Foundation for Dry to Normal Skin

Hello Loves,
I figure I get started on my first review. I was unsure what I wanted to review but I somehow had the urge to review this foundation. I have been wearing this foundation a lot lately and figured to give a review on how I feel about it. I have had this foundation for a few years and want to tell you my thoughts on it. I want to mention that I have dry skin during the harsh winters where I live and normal/combo skin during the summer.

Review after the jump!



So, whenever I first had, I was not a huge fan of it. Why? My skin would get oily in my t-zone because of this foundation. I don't think it was any moisturizer or primer I wore because it happened many times and in many situations. I would not wear this much at all because it would make me look so shiny. And this happened in the winter when I have dry skin.

But, somehow this has changed. I now LOVE this foundation. It provides a medium coverage and has a satin finish to it (not a flat matte). It does not at all accentuate any dry spots or patches that I would have. The pictures below show the coverage the foundation provides and it is in natural lighting.
Before

After

There is some additional concealing on blemishes and around my nose but you can tell the coverage by my cheeks.

The wear of the foundation is pretty good with a powder. By the end of the day when I remove my makeup, I still have a base that makes my skin look even. I don't know if this is a bit TMI but whenever I look at my makeup wipe removing this, the most foundation removed is usually on my cheeks and jawline. There is still foundation on my t-zone but not too much. This is usually after about 10 hours of wear. Without a powder, the foundation does not last as long.

The bottle has a pump on it that dispenses the foundation. I usually use about one pump of foundation to cover my whole face and the pump dispenses the right amount of foundation. It is also nice that you do not have to buy a pump alongside the foundation.

Image courtesy of Sephora.com
Letter Grade:
B+/A-
Final Verdict:
Would I buy again?
Yes!
Price and Where to Find:
$42 for 1 oz at Sephora

And until next time, have a beautiful day!
-Elle

1 comment:

  1. Any makeup foundation wash used by blending together the Makeup Tips foundation are going to be really not the same as usually the one used to camouflage clothing the muse. Well known brands possess makeup foundation brushes tugged inside makeup foundation systems for the capability of the customers.

    ReplyDelete